ACTIVE AND PASSIVE SENTENCES



  1. Present Tense
ACTIVE
PASSIVE
The cat bites a mouse
A mouse is bitten by a cat
John drives a car
A car is driven by John
The girls sit on the bench
The bench is sat by the girls

  1. Present Continuous Tense
ACTIVE
PASSIVE
I am teaching English
English is being taught by me
He is bringing a dictionary
A dictionary is being brought by him
She is doing the homework
The homework is being done by her

  1. Past Tense
ACTIVE
PASSIVE
Susan bought a new dress yesterday
A new dress was bought by Susan yesterday
My cat ate my cookies
My cookies were eaten by my cat
I wrote a letter yesterday
A letter was written by me yesterday

  1. Present Perfect Tense
ACTIVE
PASSIVE
My father has sold the car
The car has been sold by my father
My grandfather has made this table
This table has been made by my grandfather
The boys have caught the fish at the river
The fish have been caught by the boys at the river

  1. Past Continuous Tense
ACTIVE
PASSIVE
He was drinking some water
Some water was being drunk by him
The police was shooting the robber on the leg
The robber was being shot by the police on the leg
They were cutting some carrot in the kitchen
Some carrot were being cut by them in the kitchen

  1. Past Perfect Tense
ACTIVE
PASSIVE
She had taken her bag
Her bag had been taken by her
George had written the lesson
The lesson had been written by George
Bob had given a ring to Julia
A ring had been given by Bob to Julia

  1.  Future Tense
ACTIVE
PASSIVE
They will buy some book
Some book will be bought by them
Andy will ride a motorcycle
A motorcycle will be ridden by Andy
The professor will give a test tomorrow
A test will be given by the professor tomorrow

Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

AL-QOWAIDUL KHAMSAH

SUMBER HUKUM ISLAM YANG MUTTAFAQ DAN MUKHTALAF

JINAYAH DAN HIKMAHNYA